Syncing IMAP to IMAP: "Error from select: ('NO', ['Mailbox does not exist'])" or "Error from select: ('NO', ['Mailbox does not exist'])"

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Wed May 4 18:05:29 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Im trying to sync my gmx imap-account to one running at 1blu.

I am getting the following errors:

> WARNING: ERROR Attempting to create folder GMX/blabla:Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/xxx/bin/offlineimap/offlineimap/repository/Base.py", line 142, in syncfoldersto
>     dest.makefolder(key)
>   File "/Users/xxx/bin/offlineimap/offlineimap/repository/IMAP.py", line 299, in makefolder
>     raise RuntimeError, "Repository %s could not create folder %s: %s" % (self.getname(), foldername, str(result))
> RuntimeError: Repository Repo_1blu could not create folder GMX/blabla: ('NO', ['Mailbox already exists'])

I do not know why I get an error, if the folder already exists, but
offlineimap seems to sync the folder ok.

Second error, which is more painful:

> Folder sync [GMXzu1blu]:
>  WARNING: ERROR in syncfolder for GMXzu1blu folder GMX/Archives: Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Users/xxx/bin/offlineimap/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 308, in syncfolder
>     if localfolder.getuidvalidity() == None:
>   File "/Users/xxx/bin/offlineimap/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py", line 73, in getuidvalidity
>     self.selectro(imapobj)
>   File "/Users/xxx/bin/offlineimap/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py", line 50, in selectro
>     imapobj.select(self.getfullname())
>   File "/Users/xxx/bin/offlineimap/offlineimap/imaplibutil.py", line 54, in select
>     raise ValueError, "Error from select: %s" % str(result)
> ValueError: Error from select: ('NO', ['Mailbox does not exist'])

Some of the folders giving this error are getting synced, some are not.
I do not know why.

Has anybody got hints or tricks, how to get rid of these errors?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
OJ
--