Syncing IMAP to IMAP: "Error from select: ('NO', ['Mailbox does not exist'])" or "Error from select: ('NO', ['Mailbox does not exist'])"

Thu May 5 14:41:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, 05 May 2011 15:17:14 +0200, Johannes Kastl <ojkastl at gmx.de> wrote:
> >  WARNING: Aborting folder sync 'GMX/Webforen' [acc: 'GMXzu1blu']
> > Reason was: Error SELECTing mailbox 'GMX/Webforen', server reply:
> > ('NO', ['Mailbox does not exist'])

OK, if those folders were there, the SELECT would have succeeded. I just
logged into gmx with my wifes account and I could see and create a
folder "GMX/Webforen" just fine, so gmx supports that.

I did it like that, in case you want to experiment:

telnet imap.gmx.de 143
1 LOGIN user at gmx.de <PASSWORD>
2 LIST "" "*"
2 LIST "" "GMX/*"

2 CREATE GMX
2 CREATE GMX/Webforen
3 DELETE GMX/Webforen
3 DELETE GMX
3 LOGOUT

> Would it help to delete the folder on the local side? Do I need to
> delete the status-info in ~/.offlineimap/ also, to avoid deleting it on
> the remote side?

Deleting the folder on the local side wouldn't hurt and see if it gets
recreated. No, it should not delete anything on the remote side.