imaplib2 debugging

Fri May 6 09:00:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, 06 May 2011 13:10:14 +1000, Piers Lauder <piers at janeelix.com> wrote:
> Maybe it would help to be able to turn on less verbose debugging, so how
> about introducing another debugging parameter that controls the level at
> which logging is redirected from the internal buffer to immediate output
> (currently 4). Then one can turn on P/V logging at, say, level 3, and
> be able to trace it when looking for a (possible) lock conflict.

Yes, implementing a logging level is very much part of my
plans. Nicolas, you also favored that recently, right? It
would be irony if the debugging log is responsible for lock conflicts.

I have been rerunning gmail syncs a few times but couldn't reproduce
hangs so far. I probably need to kill my local store to retransmit a few
hundred messages at once.