remotehost does not work with gmail

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Wed May 18 15:01:51 UTC 2011

I have just upgraded to offlineimap 6.3.3-3 with debian testing.

As with previous versions, I have to edit
	/usr/share/pyshared/offlineimap/repository/Gmail.py
to replace imap.gmail.com with imap.ntlworld.com, despite having
set
	remotehost = imap.ntlworld.com
in my .offlineimaprc.

Yes, I have seen the comment about a hard coded host name in Gmail.py.

So I need to explain that my isp, ntlworld, has contracted out email
to gmail. So "imap.ntlworld.com" is a dedicated 'gateway' into
gmail.

I had not bothered to report this in previous versions because so much
more important work was underway since John handed over maintenance.
But perhaps it is now time and trivial to allow Gmail hosts to
be set with remotehost?

ael