Offlineimap erroneously deletes 10,000 emails

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Thu May 19 17:19:37 UTC 2011

also sprach seanh <snhmnd at gmail.com> [2011.05.19.1906 +0200]:
> The IMAP server was the one at lavabit.com. If I can do anything
> to get info about the server that might help, just ask. If I can
> get details with which to make a bug report to lavabit I'll do so.

I'd say this is a case where lavabit empties out the Archive folder,
e.g. removing messages older than X months or something. Offlineimap
has no fault in this. It deleted the local messages because they
were deleted on the server, and its job is to sync.

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"memory is like an orgasm.
 it's a lot better
 if you don't have to fake it."
                          -- seymour cray commenting on virtual memory

"but virtual memory still gets the job done."
                                                                 -- gr