offlineimap & dovecot

Mark A. Hershberger mah at everybody.org
Thu May 5 15:37:48 BST 2011

I did find the IMAP <-> Maildir worked a lot better than IMAP <-> IMAP,
so that is what I'm using now.  However, I still need to use my local
IMAP server because Maildir support for Emacs continues to suck.
Perhaps I can fix that at some point, but not today.

Anyway, I need a way to get OfflineIMAP to create the folders in a
different place than it normally does for Maildir.

Right now, if I have two mail folders (INBOX and INBOX.spam), the
structure looks like this:

    Maildir/
        INBOX/
            cur/
            new/
            tmp/
        INBOX.spam/
            cur/
            new/
            tmp/

dovecot imap server can deal with this if I make four symlinks:

    Maildir/cur -> Maildir/INBOX/cur
    Maildir/new -> Maildir/INBOX/new
    Maildir/tmp -> Maildir/INBOX/tmp
    Maildir/.INBOX.spam -> Maildir/INBOX.spam

So, my question: is there anyway to make the Maildir support use the
“correctly” named directories?

I know about nametrans, but it doesn't appear to do the job.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

War begins by calling for the annihilation of the Other,
    but ends ultimately in self-annihilation.