Syncing IMAP to IMAP: "Error from select: ('NO', ['Mailbox does not exist'])" or "Error from select: ('NO', ['Mailbox does not exist'])"

Thu May 5 08:51:26 BST 2011

On Thu, 05 May 2011 08:30:33 +0200, Johannes Kastl <ojkastl at gmx.de> wrote:
> Which brings me back to my problem: How to get offlineimap to sync these
> "non-existing" folders?

Well, your nametrans specified that all folders on the iblue side start
with GMX/, so you need to adapt your nametrans rules. ie. each box on
the REMOTE side needs to match a box name on the local side, so that
syncing goes both ways.

E.g.

nametrans = lambda n: re.sub(r'^(?!INBOX$|Draft$|Sent$)',r'GMX.', n)

will prefix 'GMX.' to all of your GMX boxes, except for the boxes that
have the name INBOX, Draft, or Sent. (those names will be left alone).
If you have boxes with these names on the GMX side, iblu will sync them
back there.

(I put the above example on
https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimaporg/wiki/Example-configurations)

I hope the above example is clear.