Exceprt of corrupt localstatus INBOX for user1

Sat May 7 11:23:13 BST 2011

On Fri, 6 May 2011 15:42:16 -0700 (PDT), chris coleman wrote:
> Deja vu:  You're right, this user1 corrupt localstatus looks a lot like the user2 from a few days ago.
>
> Is what you're saying: I do NOT need to fill in all possible UID's in between these damaged UIDs, to make sure the mails will stay on the remote and local imaps.

No, if mails have been deleted (or moved to a different folder), there
will be gaps between the UID numbers, that is just fine.

> What specifically is the criteria for message deletion??  Does the message have to be explicitly marked for deletion on either the remote (LocalStatus says 'D' or whatever) or local imap (I assume this 'D' is obtained by querying the local imap live)?

A message is being deleted on side 'B', if it has been REMOVED (eg by
EXPUNGE'ing it from the IMAP server) from side 'A' AND the LocalStatus
file has an entry for the message UID (ie we know it has been there
before).

The 'T(rashed)' flag will be propagated to the other side, but it will
not lead to a deletion of the message.

So in case that an entry is accidentally being dropped from LocalStatus, we will
just recreate the LocalStatus entry (as the message is still existent on
both sides).