Offlineimap erroneously deletes 10,000 emails

seanh snhmnd at gmail.com
Sat May 21 03:16:05 BST 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 02:35:12AM +0100, seanh wrote:
> Is there a way to kill offlineimap v6.3.4-rc1? ctrl-c doesn't seem to
> stop it. I've had it hang a couple of times, and another time I wanted
> to stop it because I specified the debug option wrongly.

Ah, `kill -3 pid` gets it after using ps to find the pid. But 6.3.4-rc1
is hanging for me every time after downloading a couple of dozen emails.
I see a couple of recent threads about it hanging.

In my log file the last message is always:

Copy message XXXXXX from Archive: DEBUG[maildir]: savemessage: ...

At the ... it starts printing out the contents of the email, but the log
file doesn't get to the end of the email contents, it just suddenly ends
in the middle. The log file is like this every time it hangs (but a
different email each time). top shows the process at 0 cpu.

Let me know if I can provide anything to debug this, otherwise I'll just
wait for 6.3.4 to be released and then try again.