gmail -> offlineimap -> (local imap) -> alpine (under Ubuntu)

Chris Barrington-Leigh cpblpublic+offlineimap at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:22:31 UTC 2011

To clarify my own post, what I described is actually not my ideal outcome.
I would rather keep the existing maildir folder that offlineimap made and
has been using for years. What would then be best is if a local imap
server could mediate between that and alpine. So it would look more like
this:

  gmail -> offlineimap -> maildir -> (local imap) -> alpine

This may be something like

http://blob.inf.ed.ac.uk/gdutton/2009/01/offlineimap/

but these instructions are both too complex for me and are for a Mac.

Thanks,
Chris