gmail -> offlineimap -> (local imap) -> alpine (under Ubuntu)

Chris Barrington-Leigh cpblpublic+offlineimap at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:46:44 UTC 2011

Cameron,

Thanks. How many times over the last 6 years have I tried to switch to
mutt and given up...

> set edit_headers=yes

yes, I had that.

> set autoedit=yes

ooh, that's closer.  But can I deal with attachments there (ie, in the
editor) as well, maybe with help from some emacs environment and some
special headers? Otherwise, the second stage is after I finish editing,
when I get a chance to attach things.

Also, although I can read messages in different folders, I'm unable to get
mutt to move a message to another folder in offlineimap's maildir; it
thinks the (any) folder doesn't exist unless I go and select it through
menus...

cheers,