gmail -> offlineimap -> (local imap) -> alpine (under Ubuntu)

Christopher Barrington-Leigh cpblpublic+usenet at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:36:46 UTC 2011

Thanks, Chris!
 This is not  a complete response to your help and questions, yet, but my
maildir folder was made by offlineimap, sourcing from gmail via imap but
writing locally directly (without a local imapd) and it
 does not look like what you describe.
It's ~/Maildir/mygmailaccount/ and in that are many named folders, each
including cur, new, tmp, and one of which is called INBOX.

Thanks,
Chris