Duplicated messages again ...

Thu Nov 17 08:19:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:46:25 +0100, Vincent Beffara wrote:
> By bisecting I found that the regression is apparently introduced by
> commit 33b4a16 which does two things: tweak the readonly parameter of a
> few functions (from 1 to True and such), and replace the explicit use of
> __bases__ by a call to super() in UsefulIMAPMixIn.

I don't think the readonly change could cause any of that. The unrelated
super() call (which should not have crept in the same commit), *looks*
harmless in general too. Even weirder that reverting it does not fix
things.

I don't know offhand what is going on that could be causing this.

> The problem is reproducible but only about once per day (then continuous
> use means syncing new messages essentially one by one and all works
> fine) and I am a bit frightened to lose e-mails in the process.

That is strange. Let me try to reproduce with my Gmail<->IMAP setup.