offlineimap crashes on gmail sync

ogi ogi at mynosefroze.com
Wed Nov 9 12:05:03 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems during my intial sync from gmail. The program
consistently crashes trying to download a particular message. The problem
appears both with the stable and the git versions.

I'm attaching the stacktrace, but not the debug logs; using -d makes the
problem go away (the sync of the problematic message still fails, but the
program goes on syncing the rest), so it seems to be some kind of a race
condition. Please let me know if I you need me to make the debug logs
available (the imap one's around 2MB so I'm not attaching it here), and which
ones do you need in particular.

Cheers,
Ognjen

Account sync gmail:
 *** Processing account gmail
 Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
Folder Drafts [acc: gmail]:
 Syncing Drafts: Gmail -> Maildir
Folder INBOX [acc: gmail]:
 Syncing INBOX: Gmail -> Maildir
 Copy message 5380 (1 of 1985) gmail-remote:INBOX -> gmail-local
 Copy message 5930 (2 of 1985) gmail-remote:INBOX -> gmail-local
Copy message from gmail-remote:INBOX:
 Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
 ERROR: command: UID => connection terminated
 Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993
 ERROR: command: UID => connection terminated
 ERROR: command: UID => connection terminated
Folder INBOX [acc: gmail]:
 Copy message 5931 (3 of 1985) gmail-remote:INBOX -> gmail-local
 Thread 'Copy message from gmail-remote:INBOX' terminated with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/threadutil.py", line 137,
in run
    Thread.run(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 505, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/Base.py", line
272, in copymessageto
    message = self.getmessage(uid)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py", line
219, in getmessage
    raise e
abort: command: UID => connection terminated

Last 3 debug messages logged for Copy message from gmail-remote:INBOX prior to
exception:
thread: Register new thread 'Copy message from gmail-remote:INBOX' (account
'gmail')
imap: Attempting plain authentication
imap: Attempting plain authentication

ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!