Mulitple accounts get messed up

ji at jordiinglada.net ji at jordiinglada.net
Sun Nov 13 22:46:31 GMT 2011

Hi all,

I have been an OfflineIMAP happy user for more than 1 year now. Thanks
for this great tool.

I am facing a problem since I wanted to use multiple accounts.

I have 2 different e-mail accounts on different servers that I am able
to use with OfflineIMAP using 2 "account" sections in my configuration
(see below). However, I can not figure how to avoid the 2 inboxes being
mixed together in just one "INBOX" and therefore ending with the 2
accounts synced on the remote servers.

I would like to keep the 2 accounts independent. I have looked at the
FAQ and I can't find the way to do it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jordi

PS: Here is my configuration

[general]
accounts = AC1, AC2
pythonfile = /home/inglada/.offlineimap.py
maxsyncaccounts = 1

[Account AC1]
localrepository = LocalAC1
remoterepository = RemoteAC2

[Repository LocalAC1]
type = IMAP
preauthtunnel = /usr/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail imap
remotehost = localhost
port = 143
remoteuser = my-username

[Repository RemoteAC1]
type = IMAP
remotehost = imap.ac1.com
remoteuser = userac1
remotepass = passac1
ssl = yes
maxconnections = 1
realdelete = no

[Account AC2]
localrepository = LocalAC2
remoterepository = RemoteAC2

[Repository LocalAC2]
type = IMAP
preauthtunnel = /usr/sbin/dovecot --exec-mail imap
remotehost = localhost
port = 143
remoteuser = my-username

[Repository RemoteAC2]