Error with seperator handling?

HeX dietmarw at gmx.de
Fri Nov 18 09:23:21 GMT 2011

Hi,

I was trying to run offlineimap with a conifguration where I clone a
read-only IMAP account to a GMAIL account.

Runing the script I get multiples of the following error:

 expected a character buffer object
 ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for TEST folder [Gmail]/Trash: Traceback
(most recent call last):
  File "/path/to/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 296, in syncfolder
    replace(remoterepos.getsep(), localrepos.getsep()))
TypeError: expected a character buffer object

For me it looked like it didn't like the seperator in the GMAIL side. So
I added
sep = /

to the configuration but that didn't change any thing.

Any idea what's going wrong here?

I'm running offlineimap from the current master (commit
e5a26dcfd8a2631f8fcbe8e0c32abed85fc7cd84) branch.

Here my striped offlineimaprc:

---8<---
[general]
accounts = TEST
ui = TTYUI
maxconnections = 3

[Account TEST]
localrepository = IMAP
remoterepository = GMAIL

[Repository IMAP]
type = IMAP
remotehost = ...
remoteuser = ...
remotepass = ...
ssl = yes
readonly = yes
folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in ['INBOX', 'Sent']

[Repository GMAIL]
type = Gmail
remoteuser = ...
remotepass = ...