More traces

Mon Oct 10 11:14:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:33:39 -0500, John Wiegley <jwiegley at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Fun, we try to select a folder, but your server answers with this message. I
> > wonder what we are supposed to do if it refuses to select a folder. We
> > surely can't pretend it happened, and we cannot assume things will work if
> > we drop a connection and create a new one.
>
> Why not?  If I exit Offlineimap and start it again, everything is fine...

The error was on selecting a folder:

 > ('NO', ['System error (Failure)'])

That error could indicate a broken connection that will work when we
restart offlineimap, but it could also indicate that the IMAP server has
fallen over and will give that reply for every single communication
attempt. That's why I am a bit cautious in simply dropping a connection
on such an error and retrying. I don't want to bring down entire
exchange servers by an infinite loop trying to select a folder :-).