readonly and delete

Tue Oct 25 15:10:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:25:14 +0200, "dicebox" wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to know if there's a way to configure offlineimap to act like getmail/fetchmail.
> I mean get the emails locally, and delete them on the server.
> The first part could be possible with the readonly option, but what about the second part ?

Cool, thanks for using offlineImap. No, a fetchmail-type of service is
not implemented, although it would actually not be too difficult to
implement.

You could do something like this by setting "maxage" which ignores older
messages and then deleting old/read messages on the server that are
older using a tool like imapfilter or so. But it would probably be
easier to simply use fetchmail et al for the use case.