[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.4.0

Daniel Shahaf d.s at daniel.shahaf.name
Sat Oct 1 07:57:44 BST 2011

Tim Gray wrote on Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:32:18 -0400:
> On Sep 30, 2011 at 04:25 PM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> >I actually suspect your UIDVALIDITY has *really* changed.
> >
> >Your saved value was datetime(2010, 6, 25, 16, 32, 8)
> >and your actual datetime(2011, 9, 29, 15, 46, 20)
> >
> >which sounds like the IMAP server has just given it a new value, which
> >happens e.g. sometimes when you delete ALL mails from a folder on the
> >IMAP side. Could that have been the case?
>
> Anything is possible.  I will say that I was not getting this error
> before I upgraded.  I literally saw your email about 6.4.0 being
> released, stopped offlineimap from running in the background, did a
> git pull, installed the new offlineimap, and restarted it.  Then I
> got the errors.

When you first ran 6.4.0 did it delete and reupload all emails?  Mine
definitely reuploaded all emails, which might tie to Sebastian's "ALL
mails were deleted" hypothesis...?

Daniel

P.S. Sebastian: got your mails, I'll reply once I have time to test your
suggestions --- right now I am staying on 6.3.4 since it's my production
mail stream.  Sorry/thanks.