Mailbox already exists.

Mon Oct 24 16:14:07 BST 2011

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:18:40 -0600, Shawn Fisher <fishbot at gmail.com> wrote:
>  ERROR: Creating folder Journal on repository main-local
>   Folder 'sent'[main-remote] could not be created. Server responded:
> ('NO', ['Mailbox already exists.'])

Hi there,

could it be that you are running in the same issue as I had previously
done with my tests?

Folders seem to be treated as case-insensitive by IMAP servers
sometimes. You seem to be having a local folder "sent" that it attempts
to create on the remote side. But you probably have some folder "Sent"
or whatnot on the remote side already, and the server might therefore
refuse to create that one.

Let me know if my theory is correct.

In any case, you can solve this by excluding the local "sent" folder and
add this to your local repository settings:

folderfilter= lambda f: f not in ['sent']