Deleting messages

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Sat Sep 3 15:13:51 UTC 2011

[ Please, limit your line lenght to something acceptable! ]

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 04:30:50PM +0200, François Serman wrote:

> I've been looking at how to enable directory deletion in offlineimap,
> but I've seen that a small part of the code is commented (basically,
> the part where the diff between the local and the remote folders and
> the call to deletefolder).
>
> My question is: why? Is that because it is not implemented on all
> backends, or is there an other reason?

First, we try to be very carefull about users data.

I think nobody tried to support deletion. In any case, you have to think
about nametrans, folderfilter and all other use case where deletion
could be either bad or wrongly done. Supporting such feature may not be
as easy as it looks like at a first glance.

Working on it would be a good thing, though. :-)