[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.3.5-rc1 released

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Sep 12 18:14:29 UTC 2011

OfflineIMAP v6.3.5-rc1 is out.

Idle feature and SQLite backend leave the experimental stage! ,-)

New Features
------------

* When a message upload/download fails, we do not abort the whole folder
  synchronization, but only skip that message, informing the user at the
  end of the sync run.

* If you connect via ssl and 'cert_fingerprint' is configured, we check
  that the server certificate is actually known and identical by
  comparing the stored sha1 fingerprint with the current one.

Changes
-------

* Refactor our IMAPServer class. Background work without user-visible
  changes.
* Remove the configurability of the Blinkenlights statuschar. It
  cluttered the main configuration file for little gain.
* Updated bundled imaplib2 to version 2.28.

Bug Fixes
---------

* We protect more robustly against asking for inexistent messages from
* the IMAP server, when someone else deletes or moves messages while we sync.
* Selecting inexistent folders specified in folderincludes now throws
  nice errors and continues to sync with all other folders rather than
  exiting offlineimap with a traceback.