Reducing parameter bloat

Thu Sep 15 15:53:45 UTC 2011

Another cleanup series. I have been annoyed by the number of parameters
that we pass in to the construction of the Folder(). Most of the
parameters we can calculate anyway, and some of them were set in all
backends in the same way, when doing it once in the BaseFolder would
suffice.

I split the cleanup in a series of patches, removing one parameter at a
time. It is probably easier to review the series diff in one go, as all
patches touch mostly the same lines :).

The series diff attached to this file, the full series as a reply. The
topic only saves 20 lines or so, but it reduces the number of parameters
that we pass around quite a bit too.