offlineimap 6.3.4+ marks messages executable?

Tim Gray lists+offimap at protozoic.com
Sat Sep 17 15:07:26 UTC 2011

On Sep 17, 2011 at 02:55 PM +0200, Christian Neukirchen wrote:
>I noticed that the mails in my Maildirs are marked +x after August 20,
>where Arch Linux updated[1] offlineimap 6.3.3 to 6.3.4:

There was a short thread started on 8/31/11 by me with the subject
"umask of messages" about this very topic.  Other people noticed it as
well, but there was no clear indication of what was causing it.  There
was a brief discussion as to whether or not offlineimap should
explicitly set permissions for fix this issue, but in my mind, I think
it's more appropriate to figure out what happened in 6.3.x that
initiated the behavior in the first place.  From my brief grepping
through the source code, I didn't see any chmod or umask calls...