IDLE command only runs once

Leon Bogaert leon at tim-online.nl
Fri Sep 23 14:07:57 UTC 2011

On vr, 2011-09-23 at 14:58 +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 00:17:35 +0200, Leon Bogaert wrote:
> > I'm currentyle using offlineimap against an Exchange server
> > (Exchange<->Dovecot) with the IDLE extension.
> >
> > The problem is the IDLE command is triggered only once per refresh. If a
> > second new mail arrives before the refresh it isn't processed by
> > offlineimap.
>
> IMAP IDLE does not seem to work for me at all, I checked various recent
> releases, and although stating that imaplib2 enters idle mode, it never
> gets notified from my server :-(. Not having done the idle code in the
> first place, (although having stared at it thoroughly by now) I am a bit
> at a loss as to how to debug this. If you give me access to a test email
> box where I could test a *working* IDLE, I might have better luck.

I had a few cases where IDLE didn't work for me either. If I specify
-f INBOX on the commandline it doesn't work. Also, but I'm not really
sure about that one, if I adjust my folderfilter to one or two folders
it doesn't work either.

I'm working in the garden right now but I'll set up a working Exchange
IMAP / IDLE account and offlineimaprc for you tonight.