[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.4.0
Sebastian at SSpaeth.de
Thu Sep 29 10:40:52 BST 2011
OfflineIMAP v6.4.0 (2011-09-29)
OfflineImap is your python-based IMAP/Maildir synchronization tool of
choice since 2002. (see http://offlineimap.org)
This is the first stable release to support the forward-compatible per-account locks and remote folder creation that has been introduced in the 6.3.5 series.
It might require manual intervention to your configuration file in 2
* If you use nametrans= settings on a remote repository, you will have
to add a "reverse" nametrans setting to the local repository, so that
it knows which folders it should (not) create on the remote side.
* If you connect via ssl/tls and don't use CA cert checking, it will
display the server's cert fingerprint and require you to add it to the
configuration file to be sure it connects to the same server every
time. This serves to help fixing CVE-2010-4532 (offlineimap doesn't
check SSL server certificate) in cases where you have no CA cert.
Get the source
As interim deputy maintainer, the code is currently hosted on my github
repo, and will migrate back to the official repo in due course when our
esteemed maintainer Nicolas Sebrecht has found a new flat with Internet
Grab the tarball from
or fetch tag v6.4.0 from git://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap.git
The latest release (plus eventual hotfixes) can also always be found in
the 'master' branch.
Changelog since 6.3.4
* Changes since last rc3:
Various regression and bug fixes from the last couple of RCs
* Refresh server capabilities after login, so we know that Gmail
supports UIDPLUS (it only announces that after login, not
before). This prevents us from adding custom headers to Gmail uploads.
* Implement per-account locking, so that it will possible to sync
different accounts at the same time. The old global lock is still in
place for backward compatibility reasons (to be able to run old and
new versions of OfflineImap concurrently) and will be removed in the
future. Starting with this version, OfflineImap will be
forward-compatible with the per-account locking style.
* Implement RFC 2595 LOGINDISABLED. Warn the user and abort when we
attempt a plaintext login but the server has explicitly disabled
plaintext logins rather than crashing.
* Folders will now also be automatically created on the REMOTE side of
an account if they exist on the local side. Use the folderfilters
setting on the local side to prevent some folders from migrating to
the remote side. Also, if you have a nametrans setting on the remote
repository, you might need a nametrans setting on the local repository
that leads to the original name (reverse nametrans).
* Maildir repositories now also respond to folderfilter= configurations.
* New emails are not created with "-rwxr-xr-x" but as "-rw-r--r--"
anymore, fixing a regression in 6.3.4.
* Idle feature and SQLite backend leave the experimental stage!
* When a message upload/download fails, we do not abort the whole folder
synchronization, but only skip that message, informing the user at the
end of the sync run.
* If you connect via ssl and 'cert_fingerprint' is configured, we check
that the server certificate is actually known and identical by
comparing the stored sha1 fingerprint with the current one.
* Updated bundled imaplib2 to version 2.28.
* We protect more robustly against asking for inexistent messages from the
IMAP server, when someone else deletes or moves messages while we sync.
* Selecting inexistent folders specified in folderincludes now throws
nice errors and continues to sync with all other folders rather than
exiting offlineimap with a traceback.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the OfflineIMAP-project