Just hit a bizarre strangeness: APPEND timing out

Tue Sep 13 14:06:42 BST 2011

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:24:50 -0500, John Wiegley <jwiegley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to confirm the severity of this problem: Due to this repeating timeout,
> Offlineimap is never able to get any mail again, nor run the postsync hook
> (which I use to run fetchnews), until I quit Offlineimap and start it again.
> It continually repeats trying to APPEND that one message, fails, and goes no
> further.

OK, what we can do is to implement a counter that retries twice before
failing the message. However, I have no clue why this message is failing
and why Gmail is not "responding" to this one.

I'll come up with a patch to implement the counter.