spamfolder?

Tue Sep 27 08:58:44 BST 2011

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:57:54 -0400, Dave Abrahams <dave at boostpro.com> wrote:
> > So when we want to delete a gmail mail with "realdelete=True", we need
> > to know whether we can simply delete it in that folder, or whether we
> > need to shove it into the Trash folder and EXPUNGE there.
>
> So... this is an optimization to avoid moving the message from Spam to
> Trash?

Yes, that sounds like it. It suppresses Gmail's weird deletion mechanism
when we handle the Spam folder and uses the plain IMAP treatment. At
least that is what I think when going through the code.

> > a) It would be nice to improve our docs and
> > b) a patch would be nice that detected those folders automatically using
> >    XLIST, rather than LIST.
>
> b) is way beyond my pay grade

Yep, I wanted to tackle that at some point, as I think we should
autodetect what we can autodetect with reasonable effort, rather than
forcing more mysterious config options on the user. But not having
written that code and not using Gmail myself, it hasn't been high up on
my list yet...