SIGHUP / SIGUSR2 not equivalent to restart

Fri Sep 30 09:58:01 BST 2011

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:14:11 -0400, Dave Abrahams <dave at boostpro.com> wrote:

I have a branch now that implements a better SIGINT/SIGTERM handler and
rather than simply bailing out hard, aborts OLI at defined breakpoints
when we are in a consistent state.

It is in my branch toSent/SIGTERM. Commit log:

Up to now SIGINT and SIGTERM would simply bail out whereever we
currently are. This can be potentially bad when we are just in an
inconsistent state (e.g. we deleted status cache but not IMAP messages
yet).

Add a abort_ASAP signal and use that to abort app excecution at defined
breakpoints where we know it won't hurt. This might make the time from
CTRL-C to actual abort a bit longer (e.g. we won't interrupt an ongoing
message transfer), but hopefully also somewhat safer.

Does that work for you?

Sebastian

P.S. (the next branch has the --info option back, give it a try)
P.p.s. next branch will only output sleep info once per minute now.