Folder creation regression in 6.5.3.1

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Tue Apr 10 12:36:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm seeing a small problem with 6.5.3.1:

Before:

$ offlineimap -a Gentoo
OfflineIMAP 6.5.2.1
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
Account sync Gentoo:
 *** Processing account Gentoo
 Establishing connection to dev.gentoo.org:993
Folder INBOX [acc: Gentoo]:
 Syncing INBOX: IMAP -> Maildir
Folder Sent [acc: Gentoo]: [....]

After:

$ offlineimap -a Gentoo
OfflineIMAP 6.5.3.1
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
Account sync Gentoo:
 *** Processing account Gentoo
 Establishing connection to dev.gentoo.org:993
 Creating folder INBOX/science-ml[RemoteGentoo]
 ERROR: Creating folder INBOX/science-ml on repository RemoteGentoo
  Folder 'INBOX/science-ml'[RemoteGentoo] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['Invalid mailbox name: INBOX/science-ml'])
 ERROR: Folder 'INBOX/science-ml'[RemoteGentoo] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['Invalid mailbox name: INBOX/science-ml'])
 *** Finished account 'Gentoo' in 0:03

The folder science-ml is indeed a non-filtered folder that exists on
both sides.  I think offlineimap-6.5.3.1 wrongly tries to create it
remotely and the server complains because it already exists.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Thomas

--