Folder creation regression in 6.5.3.1

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Wed Apr 11 11:21:52 UTC 2012

On 13:27 Wed 11 Apr 2012, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Thomas Kahle wrote on Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 14:36:28 +0200:
> >  Creating folder INBOX/science-ml[RemoteGentoo]
> >  ERROR: Creating folder INBOX/science-ml on repository RemoteGentoo
> >   Folder 'INBOX/science-ml'[RemoteGentoo] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['Invalid mailbox name: INBOX/science-ml'])
> >  ERROR: Folder 'INBOX/science-ml'[RemoteGentoo] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['Invalid mailbox name: INBOX/science-ml'])
> >  *** Finished account 'Gentoo' in 0:03
> >
> > The folder science-ml is indeed a non-filtered folder that exists on
> > both sides.  I think offlineimap-6.5.3.1 wrongly tries to create it
> > remotely and the server complains because it already exists.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> What's the folder separator on the server?  Is it "/"?

The maildir on the server is itself the inbox and contains a
(filesystem) subfolder ".science-ml".  If I remember correctly this is
CourierIMAP server.  However, my foldername translation functions
replace "/" by "." when doing remote -> local, I think the answer to
your question is "yes, /".  If this is wrong, why did it work with
6.5.2.1, were there any changes/fixes on the foldertrans?

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Kahle