'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group' at the start of a sync

Thu Apr 19 11:32:25 UTC 2012

"Sriram ET." <karra.etc at gmail.com> writes:
> I have just installed v6.5.2.1 on MacOS X Lion using Homebrew. I have
> customized the simple configuration for a single imap account on my
> company's Lotus Notes based server. When I attempt to start the first sync,
> I first get queries for my password and then I get the following error. I
> could not find any answers quickly using Google. Can anyone throw some
> light on this issue? Am I doing something stupid?

>   'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'

> 6.5.2.1/libexec/offlineimap/imapserver.py", line 298, in acquireconnection
>     imaputil.imapsplit(listres[0])[1:]
>   File "/usr/local/Cellar/offline-imap/
> 6.5.2.1/libexec/offlineimap/imaputil.py", line 152, in imapsplit
>     retval.append(m.group('quote'))

Hi there, sorry for the non-reply. This is a IMAP server reply that we
fail to properly parse. In order to see what is being sent over the
wire, can you send me a debug log containing the IMAP communication?
(-d imap -l debug.log) Alternatively, you can add a debug print
statement in imaputil.py line 147 that outputs 'workstr':

print ("MOO", workstr)

so we can see where the regex fails. I would love to fix this and add a
test to prevent this from ever happening again.