SSL timeout after OpenSSL upgrade

Sam Burnett sam.burnett at gatech.edu
Mon Apr 2 16:55:58 BST 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 01:48:56PM -0400, Sam Burnett wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Arch Linux and have been using offlineimap for years without
> problems. Unfortunately, after a recent upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.1, I get
> this timeout error when syncing one of my IMAPS accounts:
>
> ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
> ERROR: While attempting to sync account 'gatech'
> _ssl.c:488: The handshake operation timed out

To follow up in case anyone else has this problem:

The problem was upstream in openssl. It was quickly fixed in both Arch
and Ubuntu:

http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/commit/trunk?h=packages/openssl&id=b7ba8dcb51e3a4d455ecb47ed9395ba37fdb3b51
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssl/+bug/969376