Offlineimap does strange things.

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Fri Aug 3 22:34:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 07:10:55PM +0530, Sriram Karra wrote:

>    Is there some public repo with a test-suite for IMAP?

  git at github.com:OfflineIMAP/offlineimap.git

or

  git://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap.git

% ls test
OLItest  README  __init__.py  credentials.conf.sample  tests
%

This is WIP.

There is not dedicated repository as it relies in internal API of the
code.

We might have another approach with a dedicated repository in order to
not rely on internal API and be able to test any version of OfflineIMAP.
I've started imap-mixer in the past at

  https://github.com/nicolas33/imap-mixer

and

  https://github.com/nicolas33/imap-mixer/blob/master/doc/specs/design.rst

but I had to stop as I was too busy. I think I could revive this project
if one serious guy (at least) want to help me.
Oh, and don't look for code, there isn't now.

Also, I think it is possible to make better design and specs.