createfolders setting is ignored if readonly is True (6.5.4)

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Aug 20 12:44:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 05:52:20PM +0000, Vladimir Nesov wrote:

> Seem like there was a bug in the new get_create_folders method:
> if 'readonly' flag is set to true, folders are created
> regardless of 'createfolders'.

Looks like correct logic fix but I wonder if this couldn't introduce
issues.

I didn't take a deep look at the code, so please tell me if I'm wrong.

readonly option is for read /only/ purpose. Old behavior would prevent
from folder creation if IMAP is marked as readonly. Is it still the case
with this patch?