Moving messages redux

Fri Aug 31 23:44:35 UTC 2012

"Edward Z. Yang" <ezyang at MIT.EDU> writes:
> Now, I am in a situation of wanting to move 150k messages from one
> folder to another (Maildir side), and sync this to the server, and
> the reupload behavior will be a *big drag* (especially since I don't
> even have space on the server for all of my Maildir messages, and
> don't *want* all of them to sync).  But no worries: I have a plan:
>
> Inotify.

Hey, that sounds cool! It would be nice to be cleverer about moves
between folders. On the downside, offlineimap would have to run and
listen while you move files. (and usually other MUAs would move from
folderA/cur to folderB/tmp to folderB/cur, or would they move directly?)

Would love to have that properly integrated!