Option to suppress the boilerplate?

Fri Aug 31 22:14:34 BST 2012

Dirk Wallenstein <dirk.impersonator at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> With the Quiet UI, I redirect the error output to a file that I check
> for any errors (a background process).
> Unfortunately I have to filter the boilerplate away and it changes
> sometimes.  Would it be possible to add an option to only display
> actual errors in that output, so that any output would indicate an
> error?

If you log to a file, using -l, you'll get this line:

2012-08-31 22:49:40 INFO: OfflineImap 6.5.4 starting...
  Python: 2.7.3 Platform: linux2
  Args: ./offlineimap.py -u quiet -a test -l log.txt

Yes, that should not appear when using the "quiet" backend, only when
using "basic" or another more verbose. I have pushed a change to the
"next" branch that prevents that. It will be in the next release.

[next a1dc76a] Don't output initial blurb in "quiet" mode