UID validity problem (was: GMail's IMAP stopped working for me)

Jonas Hörsch coroa at online.de
Mon Aug 20 19:27:00 BST 2012

On Fri, Aug 17 2012, Jonas Hörsch wrote:

> it turns out to be most likely a known issue spooking through gmail for
> about 9 days, which only affects a subset of imap users. they seem to
> have a fix, but only be able to roll it out to small sets of affected
> users at a time, which has been the official status for a week, now.

it seems google's fix reset the UID's of all messages :(, as i'm now
getting

UID validity problem for folder [Google Mail]/Sent Mail (repo GMailImap)
(saved 7; got 672712337); skipping it. Please see FAQ and manual on how
to handle this.

for a bunch of folders. and no mails are synced.

is the faq's [1] answer to remove the local mail folders together with
offlineimap's cache and the resync all messages, still the only way to
proceed? (it's unfortunately about 2G worth of mail)

Thanks,
Jonas

Footnotes:

[1]