weird problem with offlineimap

Benjamin Slade slade at jnanam.net
Sat Aug 25 18:43:34 BST 2012

My .bashrc includes the following:

PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/repository
PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/folder
PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/ui
PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/offlineimap/;export
PYTHONPATH

And then I issued a . .bashrc command before trying to call offlineimap
from an arbitrary location.

And, indeed, python -c 'import sys; print sys.path' includes the above
paths in its output list.

On 25 August 2012 05:48, Zoltan Szalontai <offlineimap at szazol.hu> wrote:

> Hi Benjamin
>
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 05:05:02PM -0500, Benjamin Slade wrote:
> > Thanks, Nicolas.
> >
> > I tried  PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
> but it's still not finding it if I run from outside the offlineimap
> directory itself....
>
> Did you export the PYTHONPATH variable?
>

> --
> Zoltan Szalontai

Dr Benjamin Slade [http://ling.uta.edu/~ben/<http://ling.uta.edu/%7Eben/%20>
]*
*Dept. of Linguistics & TESOL - University of Texas at Arlington

Stæfcræft & Vyākaraṇa (lingblog) - http://staefcraeft.blogspot.com
The Babbage Files (techblog) - http://babbagefiles.blogspot.com
Ongietan sceal gleaw hæle         hu gæstlic bið,
þonne ealre þisse worulde wela   weste stondeð.
                                                     --*The Wanderer*, ll.
73-4.
"While corporations dominate society and write the laws,
  each advance in technology is an opening for them
  to further restrict its users."
                                                       --Stallman's Law
*           {Choose freedom: choose GNU <http://www.gnu.org> &
Linux<http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net>