offlineimap smart backup synchronization = bidirectional synchronization without deleting any messages

Rainer M Krug R.M.Krug at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 09:01:42 UTC 2012

On 20/12/12 09:40, Edward Z. Yang wrote:
> The key question you want to ask here is, if a new email shows up on the local maildir, should
> it get uploaded to Gmail?

If I set the "readonly=TRUE" for the remote gmail repository, then not, if it s set to
"readonly=FALSE" then yes. In my case, I would like to have it *not* sync back to gmail.

> If the answer is yes, then the attached patch should be sufficient.

It seems you have forgotten the patch?

> If the answer is no, then essentially what you want is a one way sync.

True - that is what I was thinking about. (which would be equal to "nodelete=TRUE" and
"readonly=FALSE" for the local repo, and "readonly=TRUE" for the remote gmail repo.

Rainer