offlineimap 6.2 problems with gmail UID

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Mon Dec 10 22:22:44 GMT 2012

Hello

I am running offlineimap 6.2 (kubuntu 10.04)

I have successfully used offlineimap with our uni imap
server sychronizing with my local dovecot imap server.
Now we switched to gmail (for the good or the bad remains to
be seen)

I followed the instructions
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Offlineimap

And tried out first
type = Gmail
# ssl =no
ssl =yes
#remotehost = ucimap.ucm.es
#remotehost = imap.gmail.com
remoteuser = myuser
remotepass = mypass
 nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub ('^\[gmail\]', 'bak',
                                re.sub ('sent_mail', 'sent',
                                re.sub ('starred', 'flagged',
                                re.sub (' ', '_', foldername.lower()))))
folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername not in '[Gmail]/All Mail'
sslcacertfile = /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
maxconnections = 2

(It seems that remotehost is not important here)
I can't find how to configure a log file of the session, in
any case, with the above configuration I obtain an error
which I attach. In any case I have to comment out
 nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub ('^\[gmail\]', 'bak',

Then it seems to work but I obtain warnings of the form:
Syncing Amazon: Gmail -> MappedIMAP
WARNING: UID validity problem for folder Afrika (repo
UniRemote) (saved 1236431643; got 12); skipping it

Etc etc.

Why is this so? Is it harmless?
I attach my complete offlineimaprc (without passwd :-D)
Thanks

Uwe Brauer