offlineimap smart backup synchronization = bidirectional synchronization without deleting any messages

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 4 00:22:45 GMT 2012

You might be interested the modified OfflineIMAP algorithm
described here: http://blog.ezyang.com/2012/08/how-offlineimap-works/
(see the bottom of the post).  A PoC patch is here:

    https://github.com/ezyang/offlineimap/commit/266c88f7a1b041ba169e0c0cab767bf412c23672

Edward

Excerpts from proxym's message of Mon Dec 03 16:02:12 -0800 2012: