offlineimap-compatible MUA in Emacs

Tamas Papp tkpapp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 09:56:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am looking for a MUA that works inside Emacs and is able to use the
maildirs that are synced with offlineimap.

Currenly I am using mutt, but I am dissatisfied with having to switch
windows when I write e-mail (I already use Emacs for writing the
message).  I am looking for something equally powerful.  I am asking
here because I realized that offlineimap is the one thing I am
absolutely unwilling to give up, it works so well.  I already asked in
an Emacs newsgroup, but none of the answers had anything to say about
compatibility offlineimap, so I thought I would try here.

I have read that gnus has trouble with Maildir folders synced by
offlineimap [1].  I have read suggestions about serving the Maildir
folder via Courier, but I would prefer to avoid that unless I really
need to.  I tried Wanderlust, but the bugs and the apparent lack of
maintainance was discouraging.  I would appreciate any advice from
people who use offlineimap + some MUA inside Emacs.

Best,

Tamas

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/msg/7594165a2b6d1c49