ANNOUNCE: OfflineImap v6.5.2.1

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Feb 6 17:52:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 01:00:02PM +0100, Thomas Kahle wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> On 22:06 Sat 04 Feb 2012, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> > OfflineImap v6.5.2.1 has been released. This is the same as the previous
> > -rc1 with the Gmail "realdelete" option removed which I consider
> > dangerous (potential dataloss).
>
> thanks for another release.  I noticed that the tarball now contains
> just a directory 'offlineimap' instead of decorating it with a random
> hash.  6.5.2.1 is available in Gentoo already!
>
> Just one thing: manual.rst needs some tlc.  Formatting errors like these
> seem to pop up from time to time.  Please everybody editing MANUAL.rst,
> make sure that it compiles fine.

Honestly, I think I never tried converting the manual after some tests
at the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised that some breakages are
somewhat old.

But yeah, I still pretend that the documentation in general needs much
more love. This is a very accessible erea for contributions as it
doesn't need development skills. Some people occasionally sent patches
which is _VERY_ appreciated and quiet frankly, I find it sad that it
doesn't have as contributions as it should.