Working 6.3.4 config breaks in 6.5.2.1

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 13 17:30:04 UTC 2012

On 18:23 Mon 13 Feb 2012, Jonas Hörsch wrote:
> hej,
>
> On Mon, Feb 13 2012, Michael Williams wrote:
>
> > In both cases, offlineimap copied new messages (i.e. negative
> > message index) from the local repository to the remote. This didn't
> > seem right, given I had just synced, so I aborted the process.
>
> the two cases only differ if you have a remote folder INBOX which would
> by your remote nametrans to a local folder of the same name INBOX (as
> there is no "INBOX." at the beginning). Then Daniel's expression is
> necessary.
>
> to explain the copying: it wouldn't be possible that you created some
> new folders on your local imap (f.ex. to locally resort the mails), and
> they had not been synced as of yet?

Or, for the same effect, deleted some remote ones (folders, not mails!)
after they had been synced to local.  If you did this, then they will be
recreated on remote now.  The only remedy at this point is to delete
them remote and local without doing a sync in the meantime.
( see http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/5122 )

Cheers,
Thomas

--