network blip can cause offlineimp to hang

Sat Feb 4 20:19:33 GMT 2012

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:29:29 -0000, Justus Winter <4winter at informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> Quoting Rafael Ávila de Espíndola (2012-01-24 17:15:34)
> >I had a network blip while syncing my account. I tried Control-C, and
> >offlineimap printed:
> >
> >Terminating NOW (this may take a few seconds)...

Yes, if it gets stuck in the bowels of the networking code, we'll
currently never reach a breakpoint where we could cleanly exit...

What I could do, is to have some time code that will force OLI to abort
if it has not finished 30 seconds after we pressed CTRL-C or so. Would
that make sense?