maxage deletes email

Nathan Warner nathan at frcv.net
Wed Feb 22 22:06:29 GMT 2012

I think I'm having the same problem as this guy.
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/cXBGjNnnVsBsChSDyRkU

I pull all my mail from remote imap server to local maildir.  Then
change maxage to 2.  When offlineimap runs again, it will delete a
bunch of the local email.  If I remove maxage, I pull that mail from
the remote server.

What I would like to do, is download all my mail.  Tell offlineimap
not to do anything with mail that is over a month old.  This way email
over 30 days old will still be in my local maildir, but would get
automatically removed from the server.

Am I using maxage correct?

Thanks in advance for the help
Nathan