Truncated messages

Allan Wind allan_wind at lifeintegrity.com
Sun Feb 5 01:22:03 GMT 2012

Again, my apologies for responding out of thread.  I saw your
response on my phone, but it never made it to my laptop.  As I
said elsewhere I think the mail loss is related to my phone's imap
client or dovecot.  Switching to MailDroid 2.31 on my phone for a
bit to see if that makes a difference.

To answer your request regarding the truncated messages.  I am
connecting to dovecot 1:1.2.15-7 (Debian Stable).  The only fancy
thing I do is aging my Spam and Trash folder via a cron:

42 2 * * * nice -n 19 find /var/mail/allan/.Spam/{cur,new} -ctime
+30 -type f | while read; do rm $REPLY; done; find
/var/mail/allan/.Trash/{cur,new} -ctime +3 -type f | while read;
do rm $REPLY; done;

Timing rules this as far as I am concerned.  Happy to provide
provide logs.  I did not find the ones from dovecot to be useful.
Can offlineimap give you what you are looking for, and if so
what which options (i.e. -d imap)?

/Allan
--
Allan Wind