Working 6.3.4 config breaks in 6.5.2.1

Mon Feb 13 13:47:59 GMT 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:11:41 +0100, Michael Williams wrote:

> my working 6.3.4 configuration fails in 6.5.2.1.

Hi there,

as has been mentioned already, this is due to the new "creation of
folders on the remote repository" which is new. It is clearly not well
documented yet, and should have been mentioned more prominently in
release notes as well, I guess. Sorry. I'm planning to overhaul and
improve our user documention as some of the next steps.

> [Repository remotempe]
> nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX.', '', foldername)

So your remote repository cuts off the initial INBOX., you'll need to
append them from your local repository so that offlineimap is able to
find the corresponding mapping (nametrans is one-way only...)

I'd suggest something like:

[Repository localmpe]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/.mail/mpe
nametrans = lambda folder: "INBOX." + folder

Would that work for you?

>  Creating new IMAP folder 'oxford.2007.iaus245mac' on server remotempe
>  ERROR: Creating folder oxford.2007.iaus245mac on repository remotempe
>   Folder 'oxford.2007.iaus245mac'[remotempe] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['Unknown namespace.'])

Obviously you are having a local folder "oxford.2007.iaus245mac". It now
tries to create it as exactly that on the remote repository which the
imap server does not like (it requires the INBOX. prefix, I'd guess). So
you can either folderfilter stuff away that you don't want to propagate
to the remote repository or create the above nametrans which adds the
INBOX. prefix.

Does that help?