Repair headers with envelope via offlineimap

Thu Feb 16 15:55:17 GMT 2012

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:40:08 +0100, Henning Hollermann <henning.hollermann at stud.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:
> Received messages are fetched correctly, but Sent messages break because
> the FC-Server stores the Subject, Date and Sender not as Header-Line but
> only in the ENVELOPE-Line.
>
> I want now to repair these Headers with the corresponding fields from
> the Envelope with offlineimap (the only program i got to work with this
> server). But I think I have to modify the code of offlineimap itself,
> but I don't have a clue where to start. Could someone help me on this way?

Hi there, I don't think offlineimap will be of much help here. It never
really looks at the content of mails or headers. (with one exception)
I think your best bet would be a small python script that walks through
your mails, slurps them in with the "email" module, sets the header
correspondingly and saves the mail again.

good luck